Volunteers are at the heart of Schofield. They visit residents, provide support in our Adult Day Health Care Program, lead activities programs, give clerical support, and offer their help in countless other ways. The time and service they devote to Schofield’s residents, home care office and adult day health care registrants is a vital component of the Schofield family. We offer internships and student service learning opportunities through our Volunteer office.
Possible ways to volunteer include:
- Sharing a skill: clergy, card players, musicians, entertainers, etc.
- Assistance with maintaining our outdoor gardens, walkways or indoor plants
- Leading an activity: cooking, baking, creative arts, spiritual readings, etc.
- Assisting with BINGO, monthly birthday parties and other special events
- Transporting residents in wheelchairs to meals, therapy sessions, activities, and/or religious services
- Visiting residents, reading to them and providing companionship
- Assisting with outings to local malls, parks, restaurants and theaters
- Delivering mail to residents
- Helping with clerical work
We can also create a volunteer position just for you!