Physical Therapist - Home Care
The Physical Therapist is responsible for assessing and providing physical therapy services to Schofield Certified Home Care (SCHC) patients in their homes who have mobility problems.
- Education and Training – Graduate of a school approved by the American Physical Therapy Association with a bachelor’s degree. Must be registered and licensed by the New York State Education Department.
- Experience – Two years experience preferably with exposure to acute care, rehabilitation or homecare.
- Character – The individual must possess good moral character, patience and compassion for the chronically ill and disabled.
Job Duties (not limited to):
- Perform Physical Therapy evaluations. Establish treatment plans and obtain physicians orders.
- Conduct individual therapy treatments in the patient’s home.
- Prepare initial evaluation, progress notes, recertification, and discharge reports per SCHC policy.
- Assist in coordination of Physical Therapy program with other health care providers.
- Counsel individual patient/caregiver in relation to patient’s specific problems and needs.
- Participate in patient-centered conferences when appropriate.
- Evaluate need for equipment, order and maintain equipment and therapy materials.
- Teach patients, caregivers and staff transferring techniques and Home Exercise Program (HEP) as needed.
- Participate in and/or present inservice programs.