RN Case Manager
Schofield is actively seeking an experienced and skilled RN Case Manager to support our Home Care Facility.
- Full Time: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm
- Salaried Position
- Must be UAS Certified and will be required to do UAS Assessments.
Why consider Schofield for employment?
- We are dedicated to providing a team oriented environment with long term career advancement and opportunities
- Our mission and philosophy center around our outstanding patient and resident care.
- Schofield Care is ranked 4 out of 5 stars by the Federal Government and is ranked as being one of the most experienced and respected providers of home and long term care health care services in Western New York.
- You will become apart of a passionate and caring team dedicated to making a difference in someone's life all while building your own career through top level expertise and experience.
- We offer an environment that is equipped to allow our staff to provide the highest level of professional care.
The CM is actively involved with the Member at times of care transition, including but not limited to planned and unplanned admissions, and works in conjunction with the members Navigator to ensure care plan communication between all providers and members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT).
The CM coordinates care between multiple medical and Primary Care Team Providers. The CM is able to identify services, care delivery settings, and recommends alternative where appropriate.
The CM monitors the care and provides consistent feedback to the team on progress. The CM collaborates and works with all member of the ICT and, when appropriate, the CM will work with acute care hospitals, rehab facilities and skilled nursing facilities to ensure an effective care plan to meet member care needs. The CM may attend Facility Discharge Planning Rounds and works to ensure a smooth discharge and transition as appropriate.
The CM’s assessment of multiple tools when necessary completion of these items will facilitate effective ICP’s and provide information for the ICT.
The CM will authorize/determine level of services for each member to include home care services.
The CM is an advocate for members, and works to ensure the Member participates in development and approval of their care plans as appropriate.
The CM facilitates prompt and easy access to care appropriate with the disease or condition in line with applicable and appropriate clinical guidelines.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in New York State
- Certification in Case Management is desired encouraged upon hire
- Minimum 3-5 years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse with chronically ill, geriatric patients
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Home Health care setting working with Medicare/Medicaid required, having demonstrated care coordination, accessing community resources a plus
- Experience working with patients/members in Long term care setting a plus
- Experience as a care manager within a payer setting with demonstrated ability to case manage a plus
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
- Ability to transport self to/from meetings with Members and/or vendor agencies in/around the program service area
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off
- Great work/life balance schedule
- Voluntary insurance program
Job Type: Full-time