Physical Therapy Assistant
The Physical Therapy Assistant provides and assists with restorative and maintenance modalities and routines under the direct supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist. Schedule is 9a-5p M-F and would include one to two Saturdays per month 8-4.
Education and Training – An individual who is licensed by and currently registered with the New York State Education Department, or who has been issued a valid limited permit by that Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide treatment services as specified in the written plan in accordance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Assess the registrant progress and responses to treatment and review progress with the physical therapist at designated intervals.
- Integrate the physical therapy services with all other services.
- Provide guidance to other personnel for treatment follow-up.
- Maintain physical therapy equipment
- Transport registrants to and from the Physical Therapy Treatment Room.
- Assist registrants to prepare for treatment.
- Assist registrants with exercises, i.e. passive, active assistance, active and resistive.
- Maintain records under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Attend Registrant Care Conferences when required by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist in the development of and participate in inservice education.
- Maintain equipment and whirlpool in a clean and sanitary condition, following proper infection control procedures at all times.
- Supervise and direct support staff appropriately.
- Complete daily attendance/billing sheets.
- Complete home visits as necessary and order recommended equipment.
- Participate in orthotic/prosthetic clinic and wheelchair clinic as related to assigned caseload.