Physical Therapist Assistant
- Schofield is actively seeking an experienced and skilled PTA to work in our Nursing Home Facility for our nursing maintenance program. The typical shift will be Full Time, Monday- Friday, 9am-5pm
- MUST BE LICENSED PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
Why consider Schofield for employment?
- We are dedicated to providing a team oriented environment with long term career advancement and opportunities
- Our mission and philosophy center around our outstanding patient and resident care.
- Schofield Care is ranked 5 out of 5 stars by the Federal Government and is ranked as being one of the most experienced and respected providers of home and long term care health care services in Western New York.
- You will become apart of a passionate and caring team dedicated to making a difference in someone's life all while building your own career through top level expertise and experience.
- We offer an environment that is equipped to allow our staff to provide the highest level of professional care.
Currently licensed and registered to practice as a PTA in NYS.
*Job duties include but are not limited to:*
- Will work with residents in the facility on short programs: range of motion, standing, walking and maintaining level of motion.
- Provide treatment services as specified in the written plan in accordance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Assess the resident/registrant progress and responses to treatment and review progress with the physical therapist at designated intervals.
- Integrate the physical therapy services with all other services.
- Provide guidance to other personnel for treatment follow-up.
- Maintain physical therapy equipment.
- Transport residents/registrants to and from the Physical Therapy Treatment Room.
- Assist residents/registrants to prepare for treatment.
- Assist in ADL training.
- Assist residents/registrants with exercises, i.e. passive, active assistance, active and resistive.
- Maintain records under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
- Attend Resident/Registrant Care Conferences when required by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist in the development of and participate in inservice education.
- Maintain equipment and whirlpool in a clean and sanitary condition, following proper infection control procedures at all times.
- Perform other related duties as required by their manager
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance (full time)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off
- Voluntary insurance program