Schofield Adult Day Care Services is looking to hire a Full Time Occupational Therapist. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and one Saturday a month from 8am-4pm.
Why consider Schofield for employment?
- We are dedicated to providing a team oriented environment with long term career advancement and opportunities
- Our mission and philosophy center around our outstanding patient and resident care.
- Schofield Care is ranked 5 out of 5 stars by the Federal Government and is ranked as being one of the most experienced and respected providers of home and long term care health care services in Western New York.
- You will become apart of a passionate and caring team dedicated to making a difference in someone's life all while building your own career through top level expertise and experience.
- We offer an environment that is equipped to allow our staff to provide the highest level of professional care.
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for assessing and providing service to Adult Day Health Care Program (ADHCP) registrants in the clinic who have functional or mobility problems. Therapy sessions may be restorative or maintenance.
- Education and Training: Registered with the American Occupational Therapy Association or graduate of a program in occupational therapy approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association; or a graduate of a curriculum in occupational therapy which is recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapist and is eligible for registration with the American Occupational Therapy Association. MUST BE REGISTERED AND LICENSED BY THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OR HAVE A VALID LIMITED PERMIT.
- Experience: Two years experience preferably with experience in long term care rehabilitation or homecare.
Job Duties (not limited to):
- Perform Occupational Therapy evaluations and establish appropriate plans of care based upon noted impairments.
- Complete all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to, evaluations, progress notes, re-evaluations, discharge summaries and screenings.
- Supervise COTAs, OT/COTA students, and therapy aides.
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team including physical therapy, speech therapy, nursing, social services and dietary.
- Provide education to staff, residents, and family members.
- Participate in meetings with families, residents and/or interdisciplinary team, as appropriate.
- Evaluate need for equipment, order and maintain equipment and therapy materials.
- Participate in and/or present in-service programs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a car available for use.
- Have knowledge of, and follow rules and regulations of the NYS and Federal Health Code. Interpret and follow Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Communicate with the physician and/or interdisciplinary team regarding resident status.
- Maintain current, accurate clinical records. Documentation is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Participate in scheduling treatment and training sessions.
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance (full time)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off
- Voluntary insurance program