Home Health RN
The Home Health Care RN provides skilled nursing care and services to Schofield Certified Home Care (SCHC) patients in their homes, based on the plan of care developed by the Community Health Nurse (CHN). The Home Health Care RN works under the supervision of the RN Supervisor.
- Education and Training – Registered Professional Nurse (RN) with current New York State license and registration. Graduate from an accredited school, university or college of Registered Professional Nursing with one of the following criteria:
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an approved program, or adiploma from a New York State accredited RN Hospital Diploma Program.
- An Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program.
- Experience – Experience as a Home Care Nurse preferred (CHHA, LTHHCP, LHCSA or Hospice). At least one year previous medical/surgical or clinical assessment experience is required.
- Character – The individual must possess good moral character, patience, and compassion for the elderly, chronically ill and disabled.
Job Duties (not limited to):
- Perform assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial and environmental needs of patients. Report signs and symptoms signaling a change in patient condition to the primary CHN and/or the physician.
- Assist the primary CHN in establishing, with patient/caregiver participation, a comprehensive and coordinated Plan of Care.
- Assist the primary CHN in assessing timely implementation and evaluation of appropriateness of Plan of Care.
- Assist with making appropriate revisions to the Plan of Care on an ongoing basis, with communication to the primary CHN, other professionals and para professionals and caregivers involved in SCHC patients’ care.
- Maintain current, complete and accurate clinical records, submitted in a timely manner, as per SCHC policy and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide supervision and ongoing education to HHA’s and PCA’s who provide services to SCHC patients.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Receive assignments from a supervisor and complete all assigned visits.
- Provide education to patient/family/caregiver concerning knowledge deficits or needs regarding the patient’s condition.