- Schofield is actively seeking an Environmental Aide to work in our Nursing Home facility. The typical shift will be Full Time, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm plus every other weekend.
Why consider Schofield for employment?
- We are dedicated to providing a team oriented environment with long term career advancement and opportunities
- Our mission and philosophy center around our outstanding patient and resident care.
- Schofield Care is ranked 4 out of 5 stars by the Federal Government and is ranked as being one of the most experienced and respected providers of home and long term care health care services in Western New York.
- You will become apart of a passionate and caring team dedicated to making a difference in someone's life all while building your own career through top level expertise and experience.
- We offer an environment that is equipped to allow our staff to provide the highest level of professional care.
The Environmental Services Aide is responsible for all cleaning duties within the facility to maintain a clean, odor-free and aesthetic environment and performs general laundry duties revolving around processing soiled linen and distributing clean linens to residents and departments as needed. He also cleans laundry equipment and the general laundry work area.
- Education and Training - A high school graduate is preferred, but not specifically necessary.
- Experience - Experience in a commercial housekeeping function and/or commercial or a health care center is preferable, but the ability to learn on the job is adequate.
- Character - The individual must possess good moral character, patience, and compassion for the elderly.
Essential Job Functions
- Read, write, speak, reason, hear and remember.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull and lift light to medium weight (25-50 lbs.), and move beds and furniture.
- Use a vacuum, buffer, carpet shampoo machine, mop and other cleaning tools, is able to sew by hand as well as by machine and work with standard cleaning and laundry chemicals.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities as outlined below in IV.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Environmental Services Aide is supervised by the Director/Assistant Director of Environmental Services and Security. The job duties and responsibilities are to be performed while observing the following standards: job standard (knowledge, ability, skills), technical skill, quality, quantity, judgement/problem solving, decision making, and initiative. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Clean all walls, floors, carpets, furniture and equipment throughout the facility.
- Empty wastebaskets, ashtrays and trash containers.
- Damp dusts to disinfect furniture and fixtures.
- Wet mops all vinyl floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeting.
- Clean all glass, mirrors and stainless steel and keeps them polished and free of fingerprints.
- Replenish paper supplies, hand soap and other rest room or resident room supplies.
- Report damaged areas and equipment to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practicable.
- Coordinate housekeeping services with other departments when performing services in those areas.
- Follow proper techniques for mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
- Clean, wash, sanitize and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- High dusts doors, door frames, light fixtures, etc., as needed.
- Sort soiled linen and clothing.
- Weigh soiled linen and establish proper weight for each load washed.
- Dry linen and clothing so that they are properly dried and free from wrinkles.
- Fold, sort, and count linens, utilizing an automatic folder when possible.
- Inspect linen and clothing for wear, tears, and stains. Removes damaged articles from use and re-washes or soaks stained articles.
- Distribute clean linen and clean clothing to various departments and resident rooms.
- Clean laundry equipment and work area daily.
- Label all resident clothing through use of heat seal machine.
- Mend linens and resident clothes through hand sewing and/or use of sewing machine.
- Identify and report equipment malfunctions to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure production schedules are followed as closely as practicable.
- Count and take inventory of linen on a regular basis or as directed.
- Monitor consumption of laundry chemicals and reports to the Maintenance Department of needs.
- Perform other related duties as required by their manager.
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance (full time)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off
- Voluntary insurance program
Job Type: Full-time