The Schofield Residence is looking for a full time Cook Supervisor to work 6:30am-2:30pm or 11:30am-7:30pm and every other weekend.
The Cook Supervisor will supervise all areas pertaining to the preparation and service of meals, daily kitchen operation and special functions under the Director of Dietary Services.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Supervise food and beverage production and service.
- Keep an inventory of foods and supplies on hand through purchase invoices, requisitions and inventory information.
- Oversee cleaning and proper maintenance of all equipment to maintain in proper working order.
- Oversee training of new hires as well as evaluations and disciplines.
- Complete food waste studies and implement strategies to prevent increased food waste.
- Complete and submit orders (via phone, fax or computer) to appropriate vendors.
- Assist with meal service on tray line and in dinning rooms during meal times.
- Assume any cooks position required during times of staff shortages and assist with putting stock away.
- Graduate of a two year Associate Degree program with major in Culinary and/or Food Service Management;
- or cook with minimum of two years experience in health care kitchen.
- Cook Supervisor must have completed some courses in quantity cooking or have one year experience in quantity cooking.
- Minimum of one year's experience in large quantity cooking in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off