Schofield Residence is looking for a full time cook who can work flexible hours, including 6-2, 10-6 and 11:30-7:30p. 37.5 hours per week and must be able to work every other weekend.**
- Cook large quantities of food with staggered cooking, heating, baking, etc.
- Prepare food and beverages according to standardized recipes, production sheets and menus.
- Organize duties so that foods are prepared for service at appropriate times and within acceptable temperature ranges.
- Follow therapeutic menu sheets and meal forms.
- Set up and serve on tray line.
- Set up portable steam table and serve in dining room.
- Operate all electric, gas and steam equipment properly.
- Maintain equipment in proper sanitary and operating condition.
- Adhere to work/time schedules.
- Receive/verify and put stock away.
- Follow proper cleaning procedures as per schedules.
- Maintain sanitary conditions during all food preparation and delivery by following correct infection control procedures and by thoroughly cleaning work areas and equipment in the department including walls and floors.
- Oversee meal preparation in absence of Director and Manager.
- Request, store, label, rotate, and dispose of all food and supply items, perishable and non-perishable.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Answer phone and deliver any specific meal request to units.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
The Schofield Residence provides excellent wages and benefits including but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance (full time)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) employer matching program
- 403(b) Tax Shelter Annuity
- Extensive Paid Time Off
- Voluntary insurance program